• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head lights no worky!

BigDadys94xj

NAXJA Forum User
On my way to work this morning I noticed my low beams on my headlights were not working I clicked over to high beam and they worked fine . I replaced both headlights about 3-4 weeks ago . All the marker lights brake lights and everthing else works just no low beams on either side. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
p.s. this is a 94 XJ

My usual starting place for this is the wiring harness plug down under the air cleaner box, which is a hotspot for corrosion. My 87 lost a couple of pins that had to be bypassed. My stepson's 93 was cheap to buy in part because it had no parking lights - same problem. Any way, this is a good place to start with a test light to see if the switch is functioning.

As odd as it may seem, perhaps a surge blew out both low beams. I had the same thing happen on my '98 a while back. I replace both headlights and have never had a problem since.

Also, on the '97 and newer; fuses #3 & #4 control the drivers side headlight and fuses #5 & #16 control the passenger side. I forget which ones control the hi and low beams respectively.... These would be the fuses located by the passenger side kick panel. I'm not sure about the fuse configuration on your earlier model...

Ivan

Back