• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire opinion

john290xj

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one have TSL radial swampers on there xj and if so how well do they perform in mud ?Self clean well ? and such any input would be helpful .
:greensmok

Not on my XJ, but on my TJ, yes. 32x10.50's. I'm on my second set, and will be going to the 36x12.5 soon if all goes as planned. First set was siped when new, and were no louder than the Wrangler GSA's they replaced until they wore past the siping, then I grooved and siped them again. Got @ 30k out of them, the GSA's made 40K and were literally smooth. The second set I'm still on, bought used and grooved and siped them. When I got the first set, I still had 3.07's, and even in low, first gear there were times when it would bog in thick mud and stop due to lack of power to keep the tires spinning. Running 4.10's now, still works the 4.0 pretty good when it gets deep. They clean really well as long as you can keep them turning. Overall excellent tire. Like I said, I'm getting the same tire, just bigger, shortly. One puncture in the tread, no sidewalls yet. I run 10-12 psi normally(offroad) and have gone as low as 6 on occasion. Radials typically are thought of not as strong, but the sidewalls are flexible, which allows lower pressure. I have sideloaded the tires till you can't see anything but wheel w/ the tire rolled under, sidewall on the ground, and not unseated a bead yet. Sorry to get so wordy.

thanx for the info thats what im going for then i just got a trailer and a tow rig so street driving will be very minimal and you are talking about the tsl radial right not the sx?32/10.50/15
thanx agin guys and im looking forwad to meeting a whole new group of ya guys at winterfest :jester:

tnxjjeeper said:
I had some on my last XJ. They were grooved though. They were great in the mud, very nice on the rocks, and didn't do all that bad on the road. They were pretty loud though.

Chris

Agreed, I had 33x12.50x15 on my YJ and I liked them. They do great in the mud, better than my MTRs and are loud on the street, but gave me good mileage out of a set. For the mud, I'd suggest them and on the street. Get the radials, not the bias for a street driven rig with some mud wheeling. Now that I moved to Sacramento from Chicago I went with mtrs for the rock crawling I do, but super swampers are the tire of choice for mud. Good choice at a good price. BFG mts aren't bad either.

Back