• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ on 44" meats

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I don't know if you guys have seen this one or not I was going through my pictures and found it. It is owned by Chris Nickel's offroad here in Tulsa. Coils front and rear with a 9" rear and 14 bolt front (I think it was). DIG IT! I can get more specs if you guys would like and I also have more pics if you guys would like to see them.

1054737546_105_0597_IMG.jpg

It sounds ridiculous doesn't it?? but I know I've seen at least one on a SWB Jeep. It's a 14b center w/ 60 or 70 outers if I recall....

Ary

I may have it screwed up the guy was rattling off the specs. while I was in awe of the 44" tires. I will find out for you though.

o...but he's taking the easy way up "Waterfall" ;)
Brad

I have seen a few pics of that rig before. What others (pics) do you have? Seeing that really makes me want to build an all out trail rig. Cops would just have a heart attack if they seen that thing on the streets of PA. Does anyone have any video of that area? Is it Disney OK?

1054737488_105_0574_IMG.jpg

1054737528_105_0596_IMG.jpg

Here are some more. Yes it is at Disney Okla. its called Hogans offroad park. Just below the Dam at Grand Lake. Check out www.Solidaxle.net for some more pics of Disney.

XJHOX said:
. Cops would just have a heart attack if they seen that thing on the streets of PA.
Yeah they would!

I like it. Built "low" & strong, something like that has lots of appeal to me.

44" tires and full-width/shaved 60s (coil F - 1/4 El R) would be 'perfect' for my MJ. LOL I was hunting a J20/30/715 when I got my 1st MJ...funny but the mods have sort of a cross-application. I keep seeing tri-star portal axles in my dreams, but who knows.

Big price jump from 38" to 44" though. It's about like the cost of lifting an XJ from stock to 6" (which has become a 'common' mod now) Then ya need wheels and axles, and some motor to turn them.

Hmmm this is interesting theory... How many of us did the OEM to +3", then 4.5" then beyond incrementally? Also parallel is the OEM/open to ___, + axle upgrades (or not) and the tire-size increase. Think about all that $$$$ (x how many of us feeding the used-lift & tire mill) that if one wanted a 'beast' from get-go, just do it and skip the expensive mid-steps. It won't be 'streetable' like it was before, and nothing is unbreakable, so factor in the cost of a tow-rig & trailer, plus increased cost of maintenance on 'big' components. On the bright side... lots of the stuff can be built to a much lesser NVH standard, and those big meats will last a long time if they avoid pavement.

OTOH nothing wrong with wheeling "small" rigs...actually I think that building driving skills in smaller rigs also builds confidence (and mechanical ability) thus making for a (hopefully) better driver as they progress into bigger rigs.

LOL those who saw me assault Guardrail with bald 31" on front, treaded 33x12.5 and bald 33x9.5 might disagree :dunno: I'll claim temporary insanity (from a head injury the night before) no matter who sez what... but confidence in my skills and a good measure of faith in my equipment were the only reason I dared try that obstacle. Next time up I'll be wearing a helmet, and having some more life-insurance, I promise :eek: At least nothing fell out this time.

gearwhine said:
But which way are you taking, hmmm? :)

lol, guess i'm busted. but the "difficult way is to the right of where he is going up, u can get up where he was going iwth 33's or 35's, but no dogging on the jeep at all, its solid.

Brad

P.S. hmm...maybe i should try that this next weekend on my 31's :rolleyes:

Back