• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best transfercase yet.

Gojeep

NAXJA Forum User
Check this new one out that is being tested at the moment.

backcase.jpg

mb1.jpg

mb_install3.jpg

We are talking three speeds here with 1:1, 3.15:1, and a 5.00:1! How good is that.
It is only 12.5" long too which is shorter than a standard Atlas at 13.8" or the Jeep 231 at 20"

http://www.stak4x4.com/index.html

avsno2000 said:
thats cool, does it hang down alot or is that just the pic?

some of the other photos on the site show the mounting ring, it looks like it could be clocked just about any way you needed to, neat idea, probably gona be real expensive though

Impressive machine work.

Just what we need is another shifter! :D

Looks like the shifter mounts on top, might make it hang lower than wanted.

Bling Bling!

hinkley

It will be interesting to see their version of the 231 replacement with drivers side drop when it comes out!

And I'm sure one of these blingboxes could be had for about 3 large... I've never understood the obsession with tractor gears.

Jared:patriot:

That thing scares my checkbook! :heart:

Or you could do an Atlas w. a Klune-V. for almost the same price and weight.

2.7:1 Klune, 4.3:1 Atlas, 11:1 combined :D (the Stak's low gears don't multiply).

they say that u can clock it to a flat position.. but will you have room?

wow... 21 bolts holds the two 1/2's together... i definately think its BEEF... mabye a lil too much... they could have made it lighter than 140 lbs.... using ridging and taken off some case material... instead of having it purely smooth (just my opinion) i duno....... i dont know anything about machining transfercases...

Last edited:
witt said:
they say that u can clock it to a flat position.. but will you have room?

You just have to sculpt the floor sheet metal a bit. It might as easy as a few hits with a hammer or it could be a little more involved and require some cutting and welding.

Also, the MB center top side/shift area looks to be a couple inches taller than what it is on the Atlas, possibly making it harder to snug up inside the tranny/t-case tunnel.

Wonder why is it taller there. The Atlas' shift mount tube mounts between the two levers, right where the third lever (middle lever) is on the MB. Would the shifter mount have to be on top (as Mark mentioned)? That could be a pain to deal with, maybe you could just carve out the top of the tunnel too.

I could personally care less about having 2 t-case low gears. A multiplier is much more beneficial than that.

What I still want to see is a t-case with an overdrive and low range, even no 1:1 would be good with me. That way you can go for the low gears in the axle(rockwell/unimog), and still can cruise at speed. Obviously it would only help the people that drive their trucks too and from, but that's still a huge market. _nicko_

Uh oh, this is looking bad for my bank account.

CRASH

CRASH said:
Uh oh, this is looking bad for my bank account.

CRASH

Mine too, brother. The shorter the better for my CJ. LoL Hell of an idea though. Might have to toss the 300 to ECKS so he can try to keep up with me.

Mark Hinkley said:
Looks like the shifter mounts on top, might make it hang lower than wanted.
hinkley

Floors were made to be cut. :D

My tounge is dragging the ground and my wallet was emptied years ago.

Back