• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Gen II discos

5Cent

NAXJA Forum User
The design of these look much much better than the originals. Anyone running them? How ya like them? I can get a set for a really good price, but was going for JKS's.

Here's a nice writeup from a reply at JU.

http://www.links4jeeps.com/writeups/gen2/gen2disco.php

The threaded link section just doesn't look strong enough. In this picture, is it bending towards the swaybar/front of vehicle?

DSCN3219.JPG

They came with my RE6030. I was running JKS, but these work well. I like them so much I sold my JKS.

I love mine. I think its an illusion in the pic making it look like its bending. Mine seem really strong. Disconnecting them is really easy. One pin in the bottom and it swings up. Only beef I had with RE about this was the instructions. The extra pin they send you for hooking the link up and out of the way was supposed to be mounted like the picture shows. However when I tried to place it there, in order to hook the link onto it, the sway bar was right on top of the axle. So...I ended up mounting them further up and forward. If anyone would like a pic Ill put one up. They work great tho. Once disconnected they swing up and everything stays clear and clean.

Justin

ghettocruiser said:
Only beef I had with RE about this was the instructions. The extra pin they send you for hooking the link up and out of the way was supposed to be mounted like the picture shows. However when I tried to place it there, in order to hook the link onto it, the sway bar was right on top of the axle. So...I ended up mounting them further up and forward.

Same problem here, I actually had sway bar clearance issues with the springs. Ended up making new holes where I thought they should be, and no problems now. :)

Thanks for the information guys. I can't turn them down for the price I can get them. I really like the look of the top joint.

Here you go. This is after a couple months of driving with them...and some mud. So they dont look as pretty as they first did.

648974_58_full.jpg

Here is where I mounted my disconnect pins. Its up in the corner and the hole I made didnt interfere with anything. Only problem is the passenger side was a little tough. The A/C lines were kind of in the way, and the battery and all. But not bad. Drivers side was cake though. They get my thumbs up!!

648974_57_full.jpg

Justin

Back