• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

American Auto Acc lifts

skipc

NAXJA Forum User
I saw some of these things at PepBoys today. Good prices, but no info...

http://www.3aracing.com/showroom/index.php?cPath=21_38

I'm looking at possibly 3 things, for about an inch and a half to 2 inches of lift:

The rubber coil spring ring up front, the rear clamp-on-to-the-rear-shock coil spring to help with sag and give the lift if possible, and the shackles if the coils don't go all the way.

These seem to be one-size-fits-all. Has anyone tried them on an XJ (pref. 89 vintage ;) and do they fit or last? The shackles seem less beefy than stock. The coil spring should fit over the rear shock, and no idea on the front springs. It looks like the tops and bottoms kinda wrap inward on the XJ, whereas the rubber ring is just a ring with a groove in it. Will that work?

Can you put a ring on top and bottom?? Do those crank in spacers work at all that you turn into the spring in the middle?

The price is right if they _work_. :laugh3:

Thanks, Skip

Ugh...I didn't see anything on those pages that I'd want to put on my Jeep, no matter how desparate I was for lift. Putting a wedgie-thing in between your coil spring is going to stiffen up the ride and potentially cause a break in the coil...just walk away from the Pep Boys lift and get something meaningful like an RE 2" BB with full-length AAL..

Back