• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any interest in a damaged '96 XJ in NJ??

mike(nj)

NAXJA Forum User
Tomorrow I might be picking up a red 4-door XJ. It was in a front end wreck........think the frame is bent but not 100% sure. Let me know if your interested or maybe what its worth. Let me know asap!!!

Possibly interested in the engine. Pm me with miles, condtition, price, etc.

Thanks.

The buckets are blue or gray & not leather, I forget.

I was told the motor runs.......has about 125k miles. Not sure on price........I don't have a garage so i'm not sure if i'll even buy it.

Can someone give me a rough idea what its worth?

I just paid $800 for a 91 Laredo I was planning to part out - water pump out, tail lights broke, minor body damage, Strong 4.0 (high miles but towed behind a motor home) factory skids, auto tranny a little flaky. $60 later in parts and its my DD.

I am supposed to look at a 89 with a 94 engine (84K) - guy couldn't get it running after the ho motor swap and it has been parked for a while. Wants $250 to get it out of his yard.

96 has a few more desirable parts than earlier years, extent of damage, tires, rims, accessories being the variables, - I'd guess somewhere between these 2 prices. . .

OK, just got back from looking it over............its a '96 Classic with 150k mikes. I jumped it with my jeep and it fired right up but won't idle?? Will most of the parts fit my '95 Country? What does the Classic stand for? I tried doing a search & found nothing.

newvwmags031.jpg

Last edited:
mike(nj) said:
OK, just got back from looking it over............its a '96 Classic with 150k mikes. I jumped it with my jeep and it fired right up but won't idle?? Will most of the parts fit my '95 Country? What does the Classic stand for? I tried doing a search & found nothing.

Most of the parts will fit. Country / Classic / Laredo are just variations of trim and options.

Judging by the gap between the passenger fender and front door, the unibody is most likely bent. This would be very easy for a body-frame shop to straighten, if you were thinking about repairing it.The rest of the jeep looks very clean, and worth fixing. just my $.02.

88flexj said:
Judging by the gap between the passenger fender and front door, the unibody is most likely bent. This would be very easy for a body-frame shop to straighten, if you were thinking about repairing it.The rest of the jeep looks very clean, and worth fixing. just my $.02.

it will be bent on the right side where the bumper mounts. TECHNICALLY since it is a UNI-BODY once that cross piece in the middle of the rails gets bent, being an integral part of the (FRAME?) it will be considered frame dmg.

But I echo what he said...probably worth fixing...looks nice and clean !

Thanks guys for your opinons. It does look clean but the uni body worrys me. Is it something I can do? I'm not even sure about the title now that I think about it. He bought it back from the insurance co. Thanks again!

Mike

Back