• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Jamboree's who's attended?

Rocketman

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone go to the many Jeep Jamboree's throughout the country, especially the Ozark run?? My family has a vacation house in Potosi, MO the starting point of the run in April there. Any information would be appreciated.

YES, I searched the threads... reading 100's of unrelated dribble I found nothing. Kind of a peeve of mine anyway... so what if a question's been asked before? Even a hundred times. It wastes no ones time except if you read it. Isn't that the point of a forum? Those with the knowledge pass it on. I know in most cases people like to pass on what they know. Oh well, off the soap box for now.

Rev Den said:
Many of them....including the Ozark one. Always had a great time. A little pricey...but for me it was worth every penny.

Rev

:looser:
Picturing you, standing amongst the familys on their Jeep camp chairs, wearing overalls, smoking a stogie, and sporting that damn 'Daktari' hat.
Lord of all who care.
:laugh2:

The location for the Ozark Jambo is a very nice spot. It's on private land at a working Bison Ranch just outside of Potosi. I think XJ's will probably be guiding the hard group, including myself at tail gunner if everything works out. There'll be several trail builds prior to the Jambo, I'll try to snap some pictures then.

http://www.sayersbrook.com/

DSCN0545.sized.jpg

Brad_2.jpg

jimbo.jpg

Last edited:
Rev Den said:
Many of them....including the Ozark one. Always had a great time. A little pricey...but for me it was worth every penny.

Rev

I was going to ask the same thing but for the trails in Jersey,Catskills,Poconos ,but at $250 per person ($500 for the wife and I) damm!!

I have been a guide for the last 2 Jambo's at the Bison ranch. i have lead the mild trails which is fairly easy for a 4.5 lifted XJ on 33's locked and geared.
but still its really fun getting to watch and teach new commers and get thier confidence level up.

personaly since i have run "the ranch" many times i have most of the good lines in my head and can help others throught the trails.

The Jambos are really great experiances and have a very profesional atmosphere to them. And they are for people that want to see what other parts of the country have for trails and such.

What trails woud you be looking to run for a Jambo? hard, easy, or moderate?
shoot me an e-mail or a PM if you want. I am working out of town currently and dont get much net access though now a days.
hope to see you there

Went to one in Canada for a little cheaper. I went pretty stock and did some moderate trails. There were no easy ones the weekend I was there because of all the rain. Lac Brome two years ago. There is some pics online theat I sent in.

Back