• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Cherokee XJ 4dr NP242 4.0L $900

marbalizer

NAXJA Forum User
I'll post up the details and pics when jeepsunlimited.com comes back up, all the information is there.

Jeep is located in South-Central PA and would make a great trail rig. Engine has around 80k miles and body has 190k.

This would make a great trail rig...all details to come. Only $900

Email: [email protected]

NOW ONLY $900 AND IT RUNS

1991 XJ for sale...somewhat new motor
I bought this Jeep about a year ago from member NGAspecialties on jeepsunlimited. I use it to commute from school (Virginia Tech) to home. This is about a 285 mile trip and so far the Jeep has made it everytime. One time I had an issue where the Jeep just died (lights and everything stayed on). All I did was pull the fuse under the hood and put it back in and off the Jeep went for the remaining 50 miles of the trip. Since then I have made the trip 2 more times w/ NO problems whatsoever.

When I bought it this is what the add read:
i'm considering selling my 91 cherokee laradoe 4dr, 4.0 liter HO 4wd,
just put a new motor in it
new radiator
new tires
new plugs wires, distributor and cap
oil just changed.
runs great
custom made front bumper

I have kept up with the maintence, changing the oil every 3000-3500 miles. 4wd works great (NP242 transfer case). I have also replaced the differential and transfer case fluids with Redline synthetic fluids (top of the line) and I have about 8qts of Redline tranny fluid that will come with the jeep that I haven't put in yet (costs over $100).

I believe this has the tow package because it has the power/comfort tranny switch beside the steering wheel and it came with a tow hitch.

PROBLEMS:
-I decided I would try and do the mod where the front doors are removable and now the driver side door doesn't close all the way. (That is the only door I did it to, it still latches shut though and locks).
-the front driver side speaker doesn't work most of the time. This is not a show Jeep, but would be great to use as a trail rig or first car.
-A/C needs recharged, when I bought the Jeep, the person that changed over the engine never recharged the A/C system and I never had the time to do it.

I want $900 for the Jeep.

Jeep has a JVC Headunit and a Cobra CB

http://www.gixxer.com/classifieds/data/9/34914jeep1.JPG
http://www.gixxer.com/classifieds/data/9/34914jeep3.JPG
http://www.gixxer.com/classifieds/data/9/34914jeep4.JPG

Mapquest it from 17325.

The Jeep needs a new CPS sensor. Sometimes when your driving it, it will shut off and you need to pull the ECM fuse under the hood to reset the computer, which resets teh sensor. Then the Jeep drives for about 600 miles before it happens again.

BUT...if it is raining out, and the sensor gets wet and trips, you actually have to wait for it to dry (can take a day or two as I found out over christmas break). The Jeep is running now, and my father used it to clear a path in the driveway at my house (not w/ a plow) just used the jeep to compact the snow so obviously the 4wd works too.

If it doesn't sell by summer, i'm going to replace the sensor and up the price to $1000. The sensor costs like $60 from Advanced Auto Parts

boss lady says SOLD. how far are you from 17313? maybe not sold but i really want to see it. do you have any more pics(bigger and interior) we would like to come see it saturday. would have to be in the afternoon as i have plans in the morning. let me know what suits you.

found ya. youre only like 45 min to an hour from me. i would say maybe 2:00 on saturday. thet is pretty flexable, just have a breakfast meeting. how late are the notorays open in your area, if we'd deceide to buy it? we might have to bump that time a little and i might have to loose the breakfast meeting. let me know.

Please email me for my phone number: [email protected]

Since I am away at college, my Dad will be helping people who are interested in looking at the Jeep. I'll give you the number when you email me.

P.S. The rocker panels are rusted on both sides. The rust is only on the back half of each rocker panel. Either way, this would make a great trail rig.

rust?
In complete honesty, do you think it would make a 500+ somthing mile trip (one way) to southern GA? Can you get some more pics (int, underside)?

Rust is on half the rocker panels right below the doors. To sum it up, it is on the half under rear passenger doors. I was driving 300miles to VaTech and about 500 miles over Thanksgiving to North Carolina with no problems. It needs the CPS sensor replaced though since the sensor randomly dies, so until the sensor is replaced I would say that I would not drive it to GA.

Back