• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

super swamper tsl pattern

cardboard

NAXJA Forum User
Why are all of the Super Swamper tsl patterns different? what is the difference , some have the middle lugs connected and some have the gaps between each lug but they still call both of them radial?
does anyone know what each pattern would be better for i have heard that the solid center section is better for mud and then i have heard it is worse

All TSL tires have the same tread pattern. The grooves in some tsl's are done with a groover like this
motostrano_1826_3792567

To make the tire look like this
Image015.jpg

I am talking about just the center lugs of a tsl. Why do some sizes come from the factory as a solid zig-zag like an old buckshot instead of having a space between them like one tsl u showed with out the siping? Just the center is different, but they call it the same tire. A tsl radial. Does it help if it is interco or not?

they are all interco's. as far as i know, they are all seperated until they wear down, then the under tread is connected for the most part. Lots of TSL's though,... LTB,Swamper, Radials, IROK, Truxxus, they all look similar..

I think it's just because that's the way the radials are designed. All the ones I have seen are like that. Those are the original SwamperRadials. The newer radial is the SSR and the newest is the Truxxus.

The Radial SSR's resemble the TSL pattern more but with siping.

thats just how they are. i would only run the tire after some cutting on the center

i now own a set of these with cragar soft 8 wheels. I dont know there are two guys in town running these and they love them so i decided I would give them a try.

100_1229.jpg

by the way this is still the son of digger4u i cant get my accout to let me post

i was wondering the same thing, i have some 36" TSL radials that with "grooved" center lugs brand new, a friend has some 33's that look just like the pic above. Both are the "same" tire. The 33's appear to be only "siped" in the center

Last edited:
I had a set of those Super Swampers in the picture. They were ok but i needed a lil more beef and went with boggers. I recommend running those super Swampers (pictured)or SSR Radial if you drive on the road quite a bit their kinda loud though.

Good question. I have wondered the same thing. I run 33x12.50 TSL radials and my center lugs are connected just like the picture.......

My 33x12.5 TSL Bias plys are NOT connected...

thats the key thing. the tsl radials are connected whereas the others are not

Judging by the 15" 5 lug wheel, those are 32" tires. Yes? Swampers are excellent offroad tires; however, they wear badly on road. Try to limit spining the tires and driving aggresively because they are a much softer compound than normal street tires and will wear faster

pretty simple really, larger voids between tread blocks usually mean more aggressive tread +more noise and smaller void means quieter and better mileage from them.(plus compound softness, driving habits etc.,etc.) and of course size makes a great deal of difference also. my tsl's are very good off road and so so on the street(radial) but it is a mud tire!

Ramsey said:
thats the key thing. the tsl radials are connected whereas the others are not

Not all of the radials have the center tread blocks connected. Those pictured are I'm guessing 33-10.5. The 31-9.5 are the same pattern. The 32-10.5 I have look very similar to bias TSL except the outer lugs follow a different sequence of the three lug sizes. 36-12.5 are the same.

Either way, I grooved and siped both sets I've run and it improves the tire in every aspect. It is well worth the cost of having a shop do it or get a grooving iron and you can do it yourself.

i think it is a 79r somtihng i lost the sticker when they mounted them but they are 33x12.50x15
mounted on 15 x8 cragar soft 8s

heres my 36" TSL's....they have the separated center lugs
97XJ008.jpg

Back