• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL recommendation

stoneattic

NAXJA Forum User
Here's my deal. I have a 2" BB using 1.5" lift shackles from RRO and 1/2" blocks. I need to stiffen the rear a little and get another 1" to 1 1/2". I figure a set of AALs and removing the blocks would be a good way of accomplishing this. Any recommendations? I would like to go with full length leaves. I don't what it to ride like a dump truck on the road when it's empty (too stiff).

TIA!

Thanks guys.

MistWolf, what brand of AALs are you running?

familyXJ, are Rusty's full length really full length? Do they run from all the way from eyelet center to eyelet center?

Rancho has a "soft ride" full-length AAL for the Cherokee that's supposed to provide about 1.5". That would allow you to remove the blcoks and still net about an inch without stiffening the ride too much.

I think Rusty also has one that's rated around 2", as does Rubicon Express. I'm going to be installing one of the Rancho kits in my '88, maybe as soon as this week, so I will soon have a "real" number rather than what they say it will provide.

You could also get a set of XJ springs from a junkyard. Cut the eyes off the main leaves and you have a dandy full-length AAL. I spoke with a member from NJ at NACFest who went this route. He says he got 1.5", on a fairly new XJ and using a fairly low mileage set of springs as the donors.

Back