• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S-10 rear leaf pack

DaltonXJ said:
Does anyone know about how much of a lift I can acheive with the stock XJ main leaf and a S-10 leaf pack?

If you use the whole S-10 pack on stock/flat XJ springs I bet you could get over 4". It all depends though on how much arch your springs already have. I was eyeing them (S-10 blazer packs) to do the same but opted for a Dakota pack for donors instead. With only the XJ main leaf and the 2 longest leaves out of the Dakota pack I got 3.5-4". But I was just trying to make a spring pack that wasn't flat and twisted for my 2" BB daily driver. The S-10 packs have similar arch to the Dakota and Commanche and probably many others. The lengths do vary though. It's nice to have extra leaves laying around so you can tailor your stuff how you want it:)

FUNKYTEE5

I used springs from a zr2 blazer and it gave me about 4.5". Plus, you can use the main leaf from the chevy...you just have to drill a new hole about an inch inward for the center pin. They work great if you haul a trailer, as they don't bend quite as easily...but the ride is a bit rougher.

-Keith

I used a brand new S-10 spring pack and got a solid 5" in the rear that has not sagged in the few months I've been wheeling with it. I didn't even use all the leaves (forgot my exact xj/s-10 combo) but i figued I could have netted atleast 6" if i used more... GOOD LUCK!

I am running a mix and match with post 96 blazer springs in the rear of my truck.... netted just @ 3 inches..... pre 95 will give you just around 4 - 4.5 I believe...... I do think that the dakota springs would be the better swap. use the main xj leaf and the rest of the dakota pack and it should be really nice..... The reason I think the dakota pack would be the better match is they are more like the stock xk pack as far as thickness, etc....

anyway.... just my thoughts....

scotty

you can do a search on this, lots of threads on s-10 leaves.
I did a combo of leafs with 93' 2wd s-10 leaves. I cut the eyes off and used the main leaf and the second leaf.. with my stock xj pack, I got about 4.5". 5" with the overload leaf.

IUPxj94 said:
what year dakota leafs do you have to use, 2wd or 4x4?

I used Dakota packs out of an 89' 2wd. I saw another Dakota that was a 92' and the springs were identical. I haven't seen a 4WD the yard yet. I just picked the set that was in better shape and rolled with them. Go check them out they should have good arch unsprung, and the individual leaves are a lil thicker than stock XJ's. Good luck:)

FUNKYTEE5

Back