• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BPE fitment

Darky

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered the complete RRO 1.5" BB, BPEs included. The kit installed good and all (took some wrestling on the shackles) except for the BPEs. We tried and tried to make them fit but the mounting holes on the BPEs are just too wide. The only way I see would be to drill the holes in my XJ wider or something. The BPE has slots to fit a variety of Jeeps. I spoke to them about a refund and they said it'd be $34 after the re-stocking fee but I still pay shipping. To me, its just not worth the hassle of shipping them back and everything to get $20 in 8-10 weeks. Any ideas on how to make them fit? I've thought of maybe taking everything to a machine shop and having either the shock mount or BPE drilled out, what do you think?

We compared the two BPEs and they seemed the same. I could check again though and check each of them against the others, we had the same thought, but were just plain exasperated and didn't feel like messing with them any more.

RRO just told me they had recently changed to a universal fit that wouldn't be exact but should fit and wouldn't require rotation of the shock or something crazy like that.

BlackSport96 said:
We compared the two BPEs and they seemed the same. I could check again though and check each of them against the others, we had the same thought, but were just plain exasperated and didn't feel like messing with them any more.

RRO just told me they had recently changed to a universal fit that wouldn't be exact but should fit and wouldn't require rotation of the shock or something crazy like that.

So is the mount that you have the one that requires rotation or not? cause the ones that required rotation were bad for the shocks.

mine doesn't require rotation. So I guess good for the shocks, but bad for the Cherokee because it doesn't fit...
I compared each of the BPEs to the others, and they all are perfect matches.

I had the same issue (on a '98), same BPE's, same run around about "universal fit". I also called them and they were ZERO help. In the interest of getting my XJ back on the road so I could be back at college the next day, I just left them off and have been running stock length shocks for about a month. Whenever I get time I guess I'll take a grinder to 'em to make them fit down in the little recess.

BlackSport96 said:
I ordered the complete RRO 1.5" BB, BPEs included. The kit installed good and all (took some wrestling on the shackles) except for the BPEs. We tried and tried to make them fit but the mounting holes on the BPEs are just too wide. The only way I see would be to drill the holes in my XJ wider or something. The BPE has slots to fit a variety of Jeeps. I spoke to them about a refund and they said it'd be $34 after the re-stocking fee but I still pay shipping. To me, its just not worth the hassle of shipping them back and everything to get $20 in 8-10 weeks.
ANOTHER example of the outstanding products and superb customer service from RRO... :gag:

BillR said:
ANOTHER example of the outstanding products and superb customer service from RRO... :gag:

x200.
BPEs. The hole needs to be 'enlarged', and I had to grind off 1/4", at least, on either side, to get them to fit, and with my OME shocks, I had to crush the BPEs to get them to hold the bushing. I am glad I have strong bolts, because I had to grind the holes into slots.
RRO can stick their 'restocking fee' sideways with walnuts.
I hope they make quality Suzuki garbage, because their XJ stuff is mostly shizzle.
I have rock rails, shackles, and BPEs, and all had to have some 'coaxing' done to install.
The shackles will be coming off this week. Beefy stuff, but their quality and service are for chit.
This is Glenn, the owner:
rider.jpg

He is smiling because his company is big enough that he can skimp on quality and not spend much time there. Outsourcing to Beijing on the horizon.

Last edited:
BG:he sure is a goofy lookin bastard... Mine are already slots, but it seems the bracket would need to be ground down a bit and have the xj mounting holes enlarged into slots also...
tnxj:thanks for saving me the hassle...I was planning calling when I got off work in the morning.

bgcntry72 said:
.........and with my OME shocks, I had to crush the BPEs to get them to hold the bushing...........

JKS, thats all I have to say about this. RRO has never impressed me with their products or CS. FYI, JKS BPE's "Will Not Fit "OLD MAN EMU" Shocks!" I suspect this is true for every BPE, but only JKS is "smart" enough to let you know about it................... :wierd:

91 Jeep Project said:
JKS, thats all I have to say about this. RRO has never impressed me with their products or CS. FYI, JKS BPE's "Will Not Fit "OLD MAN EMU" Shocks!" I suspect this is true for every BPE, but only JKS is "smart" enough to let you know about it................... :wierd:
Actaully they do fit OME shocks.

I will search for the article, but they do fit, without modification, it just has to do with the order of assembly.

Fergie

Just to clarify, are the problems you all are having with the RRO BPE's not fitting in the front or rear shock mounts? I just got a set in last week, the holes are already enlarged and it doesn't looks like there's any room for modification if they don't fit. Mine look like this:

bpe.jpg

Thanks,
Dave

I have JKS BPE's on my OME's front and rear. The only thing thats difficult is that the pin is larger than the bushing hole in the front shock. I used a little lube and a c-clamp to push them in. It wasn't that hard.

Greg

Back