• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

washers on 8.8 lugs

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
has anyone used a few washers on the lugs to make up to the smaller 8.8? i'm not talking about using washers to make up the whole 3/4 that wouldn't leave any lug left. but like 2 or so just to get alittle back?

Oh HELL no! Use a real spacer that bolts to the axle and has its own lugs or just use a rim with less backspacing - the cheap spacers that rely on a longer lug and are simply sandwiched between the rim and the axle are dangerous enough without getting super-cheap by using washers instead...

it realy isn't that bad i mean 3/4" is the total that it is short that leaves 3/8 of an inch shorter on either side. i can't even tell if i try when looking at mine. although my stock rims with 31x10.5 tires did rub on the leaf spring clamps

u don't even relize the difference! u have to look really closely. washers are a stupid idea!

stoney

Back