• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Daylighters or others?

atticus032

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into getting lights for my jeep and I have a tight budjet so i really don't want to spend the cash for daylighters unless I have no other options. does anyone have experience with other brands or any suggestions?

I also have this much money.... ..... ...... lol yea...so you get my point, anyways, i recently purchased IPF rectangular 55W driving lights...i was really impressed w/ what i got for the 90 bux i paid. I have silverstars in for lights right now and the IPF lights i mounted on my bumper are at least 4 times as bright as my silverstar high beams. In the snowstorm CT got this past saturday i was out all night long wheeling on the roads and off road and they cut through the blizzard like conditions like it was daytime...highly recommend if thats in your price range. Got them for the price from rustysoffroad.com Good luck.

The stock headlight wiring is totally inadequate, the wires are too small to provide full voltage tot he headlights. After installing SilverStars, the output was not much better than the stock headlights. I checked the voltage at the lamps and saw that they were recieving less than 10 volts. I did a wiring upgrade, adding two relays and heavy 10 gauge wires. The improvement was impressive.
The link below provide the needed infomation for the upgrade.
http://go.jeep-xj.info/

Are you looking for lights to run as foglights and attempt to stay street legal? If not, might I suggest KC Daylighters? I have a set of 150 watt lights on my Jeep and, i picked em up for $115. That's wiring and all. If that's no good, Walmart has a 100 watt light that's little bigger than a Daylighter for $20 a peice. Then, you can get a wiring kit and still be below most and, they work ok. But, remember, you get what you pay for.

Tylor

I have a set of the round IPF's 986 [I think]. They WELL worth there money. The hybred spot flood beam patteren is excellent for highway driving. The wiring harness is well put together with a mouse style lighted switch. On the other hand I got a set of Hella 500 for the zj. The beam pattern about half sucks, and the harness wasn't even pretermanated. I've gotten the $20 cheepe' specials from Wall Mart that was pretermanated. Like 92jeeper said "you get what you pay for" is very true with lights. BTW I have 100W bulbs in mine with no adverse side effects [going on 6 months]. When I bought them [ from a IPF rep] he said the 100W bulbs would be fine, infact he gave me the bulbs to put in them.

Back