• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

35x14.5 / 36x13.50 tires

LouisianaZJ

NAXJA Member #1362
basically, how bad would 35x14.5 boggers on steel beadlocks be on the XJ. i found some pretty cheap near me and might run them as trail only tires

also considering 36x13.50 irok radials on regular steel rims

D30 hp, alloys, longfield joints, spare 297's and hubs, lockright, 4.56 (not setup yet)

D44, regular shafts, full detroit, 4.56

ZJ v8 steering (concerned)

I would definately go with the radial Iroks over the bias boggers. The boggers will be a nightmare to drive on the street, also the width of 14.50 with that thread is going to stick out alot. I've heard alot of good stuff about the Iroks go with them, they are definately better on the street and a great tire off-road as well. The boggers are named appropriately because they were made for mud bogging not street driving.
Troy

the boggers are a proven tire that many people run and love. the real question comes down to what type of trails u run do you like boggin or rock climbing or a combo of both. the boggers have less traction side to side because all the lugs run in the same direction as opposed to tsl's or iroks(meaning they will slid sideways down a hill easier than other tires). The Iroks are new and i have heard that they come with a lower tread height than say a bias tsl/ltb/sx. bias tires usually have stiffer sidewalls making them worse on the road but better on the trail because of the added tear resistance. i see that you said u want the tire for off-road use only. i think that is the way to go i have a set of ltb's for off road and a set of street tires also that i slap on between trips. it's like having two pairs of shoes would u want to be running a marathon with your work boots or would you rather have some nice running shoes. your jeep feels the same way :) Ltb's are cheep and work very well they have very similar tread pattern as tsl's but come in odd sizes.

well i try to avoid the mud usually. mainly steep hils and like that red clay which is either wet or dry sometimes

not many rocks usually

btw, although they are trail only i will usually have to run on them to the trail on the highway (1-4 hrs depending) since i dont trailer the XJ

boggers are not my first choice but i found a guy who is selling them for like $800 on eaton beadlocks with 80% tread

i think i can get the 36" irocks for around $900 on regular steel rims new

im pretty sure i will be doing some more hacking and more bumpstop for either set

do you think stock D44 shafts would handle them? easy on the skinny pedal

Last edited:
The boggers and the IROKs will eat up your D30 for breakfast :D trash the stock axles or stay with regular MT's

Been there, done that, repair costs for 1 year were approx. the cost for a custom D60 rear new and custom built. I destroyed ring&pinion, detroit, warn shafts (outers and inners) and was not able to finish a single weekend without breakage.

Stay away from boggers that size with the stock axles. :wave:

35x12.5-15 and 38x14.5-15

Back