• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Disk brake conversion (D44/35/C8.25)

Lucas

NAXJA Forum User
ZJ caliper, brackets,rotors, ok dust shields, hardware and useable pads for a disk brake conversion for your XJ dana or chryco 8.22 axle. Out of a front end colision ZJ. Asking 250 or trades for a D44 no slip or some adjustable UCAs (+$).

takes more than just bigger holes. U gotta change the mounting holes for the backing plates and grind out the center hole for the bearings to go through. also gotta either go with a retainer plate spacer (you gotta make one) or the Rubicon TJ retainer plates. Its not hard just not as simple as he made it sound.

According to the writeups online it only requires enlarging the rotor hole with a grinder or a dremel. I've heard of GM disk conversions requiring modification and spacers, but I think the ZJ conversion is pretty simple. I really want to keep these but I'm sacrificing them for new gears.

Last edited:
SOld one set, Have one more complete set still available with useable pads and shoes.

Second set sold.

Back