• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear wiper spray not working

neal60thXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi,

The spray for the rear wiper is not working. No fluid comes out, no drips, nothing. I am assuming that there is only the front wash fluid reservoir to fill. Not sure where the washer fluid pump is located, but I would like to see if the hose is clogged and to check there is pressure. Any suggestions? Where to find the pump? How to trace the path of the hose?

Thanks.

you didn't indicate what year your XJ is, but on my '87 there is only one washer fluid reservoir under the hood, and there are 2 pumps on the bottom of it- 1 for the windshield, 1 for the rear glass. you might have a hose clogged like you think, or the pump might be bad, or the wiring connections might be corroded.

good luck!

Took a better look at the car today. It is strange, because it looks like the washer fluid reservoir is inside the fenderwall, and underneath is the wheel well. Does anyone know how to access it, and get to the pumps?

Just a thought, but mine I rarley use, put window washer anti-freeze in in the fall. And forgot to purge the water (summer mix) out :twak: Works fine now after a thaw. Ran it a good long while, to get the winter mix windshield fluid through the lines.

Mine didn't work when i bought the jeep. The washer hose came apart inside of the drivers side rear interior panel. Spliced it back together, and it's been working ever since. If you remove the drivers tailight housing you can see the hose. might not be your problem, but something to check.

neal60thXJ said:
the washer fluid reservoir is inside the fenderwall, and underneath is the wheel well. Does anyone know how to access it, and get to the pumps?
Rear squirter on my '99 dont work. So.... this is my question also.
Pull the wheel well??

Anyone?
(the washer fluid reservoir is inside the fenderwall, and underneath is the wheel well. Does anyone know how to access it, and get to the pumps?)

Back