• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

should i buy or build???

fasta76

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys...

I have an 89 xj cherokee sport im guessing.. It has no options!!!!! NONE!!! 320,000 km 3.5 inch rancho lift.. THe body is not in to bad of shape.. Has a little rust under back rear window on the pasenger side and a little on the rear door.. The Engine has about had it... i replaced the main's last summer to bring up the oil presure.. And the main seal. Replaced all the vacuum lines on the motor. Instaled a KN cold air intake. the trany lines are starting to leak. and the transfer case is also starting to leak. the muffler is starting to go and make noise.. The lift is starting to sag and the shocks need new bushings.. i bought another 89 for parts the Engine is had!! but is a good core for a rebuild the has had some work done in the last year. and the front and rear ends are also good....

So my delema is should i rebuild everything on the 89.. i wasnt to put a 4.5 inch lift, cut outs, new motor, trany, trans, 4.56 gears and 33 inch tires.... or should i look for a newer one with the H.O motor and go that route.. I would like air conditioning but thats not a huge must..

also what is better??? An automatic trany or a manual??? Ive herd the auto will last forever!!!

Thanks

Tom

Its nice to build your own rig but if you have the cash its a buyers market.

edit: how did this thread come up when i hit the new posts button?

Back