• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender triming

xjcat

NAXJA Forum User
it about time i started to think about triming my fenders
whats the best way to trim? And where to trim?
and any photos to help me along would be good

Fred H

100_0672.jpg

Sterling90XJ said:
Check out my CarDomain site to see how I did both my '90 and '00 XJ fenders....

My Jeep Site

Really like your fender trim job!
What did you use to cut it? I did the front and looks pretty good but the edges are a little rough. Also, any other tips for the rear? I'm a little leary about cutting there with it so close to the back door. (I have a 4 door)
Thanks!

I would recomend taking the flares off (obviously) and using the top line as a guide ( take the flair off you'll see what im talking about) tape off where your gonna cut ( to keep paint from flaking). A jig saw really is the best way to cut them, a sawzall or cutoff wheel is much harder to make look nice and straight. Also tape the bottom of the jig saw so you dont scratch your paint. When you cut it will be obvious that you cant use that rubber fender liner anymore and you will see seam in the inner fender that you should hammer flat. This will give you tons more clearence and your jeep will look totally different.

Back