• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rocky Mountain National Park

Poison

Not the band
Can anyone recommend a campground in-around the park. Tent camping with kids, mid August, 13 people. Hot showers and clean sites required. Thanks for any help.

A bit of background on Elk Meadows. A friend of mine used to own it. Apparently some of the buildings were used in shooting the old western the Virginian. It is really on the edge of town, not out in the forest or in the park. There is a park entrance within about a mile. Give a shout when you come through. I live in Loveland, just an hour down the mountain. You will probably come right through Loveland. Make sure and drive over Fall River Road in the park. Its a one way dirt road that goes up to the top where you can then loop back down on highway. It is passable by cars but can be a bit rough.

Thanks for the info, if I'm around Loveland I'll holler.....You might hear us anyway with seven grandkids in tow.

old_man said:
A bit of background on Elk Meadows. A friend of mine used to own it. Apparently some of the buildings were used in shooting the old western the Virginian. It is really on the edge of town, not out in the forest or in the park. There is a park entrance within about a mile. Give a shout when you come through. I live in Loveland, just an hour down the mountain. You will probably come right through Loveland. Make sure and drive over Fall River Road in the park. Its a one way dirt road that goes up to the top where you can then loop back down on highway. It is passable by cars but can be a bit rough.

Back