• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spare D30 shafts

The_Rock

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 91 non-disco HP D30 with the uni-bearing and shafts from a 2000. I want to pick up some old 260 u-joint shaft to carry as spares. When I searched on this I found a comment that some uni-bearings and shafts don't match. What shafts can I use with uni-bearings from a 2000?

I'm almost certain that the shafts and uni-bearings are compatible (no, I can't tell you for sure), but I can tell you that you will probably have trouble with the brake rotors. I have an 88, and I took the shafts and uni-bearings out of a 95. My rotors for the 88 would not fit over the center of the uni-bearings from the 95.

if you can when you get shafts get the uni hub as well. i find it just a little easier to slid the whole hub and axle assembly in as a spare than to have to break free that 36mm nut and the pin and all that jaz also the larger unithub is stronger i guess (well they last longer) i think the smaller hubs were on the older models my 96 has big ones :)

Back