• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ok.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Caroline is back in Atlanta at Emory going through more chemo. The first round did not put her into remision like they inicially thought it was doing. She got told by a Dr. in Columbia yesterday that he had one "other" treatment he could try and that was it. So she decieded to skip his opinion and go straight to Emory. They said that if she could get into remision and get a marrom transplant she has a good chance of survival. I dont have an addy or room number yet but should know more tomorrow.

Ty, we also have some other obsticles to overcome. I'm going to try and organize someone to visit her every week. How I have no idea! But, I believe it will help her and is worth the effort!

Was my mom able to help you out last time? I'm sure she could help you organize something or other if you need it, she does that stuff all the time. Hope caroline gets well.

jeepxjga said:
Was my mom able to help you out last time? I'm sure she could help you organize something or other if you need it, she does that stuff all the time. Hope caroline gets well.

Yes she was very helpfule I dont know if the pastor ever made it up there but I know he talked with the family. ty very much and tell your mom thanks.

Lets us know and we will try and go down and see her one sat.

U are 2good my friend!

Well they discharged her last night she finished her second round of Chemo... i believe the insurance co was rather insestant.. the word I got was that the first round knocked 97% of the Cancer out. They have 2 possiable marrow matches but want a family member if possiable. She gets checked thursday and if neutropenic, no immune system, they will put her back in. If not she will stay out pacient. Rebecca, my wife, got them an appartment yesterday so we don't have to keep paying for her to stay in hotels! If all is well she will be up for a stem cell marrow transplant next. Ben one of the twinns had his sleep study last night to check for sleep apnea. Once he is cleared of that we will schedlue his surgery to correct his eys. Man my life is tooo full..... I need to go wheeling! :laugh3:

You got that right man. I dont know how you can do it! If it were my kid-kids I would go nuts. Hang in there!

Back