• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hood spacer

There have been quite a few around here that have done this, using either large bolts or 1" tube instead of buying a 'kit' that does the same. There have been a number of threads about it, including one about a month or so ago that included quite a few pictures. However, I don't have any good search terms for you to use (yet).

It helps I had 1" square tube on mine this summer and when the fan came on you could feel the heat thru the window and the fan didn't come on as often.

I just put a large nut on each side. Classy huh? Anyway it helped with my cooling even though I wasn't overheating to begin with. Now you can see the gauge go up to 190º then the thermostat opens and it shoots down to less than the quarter mark. Dunno if that's good or not.

Yucca-Man said:
There have been quite a few around here that have done this, using either large bolts or 1" tube instead of buying a 'kit' that does the same. There have been a number of threads about it, including one about a month or so ago that included quite a few pictures. However, I don't have any good search terms for you to use (yet).
How about "hood"? :laugh3:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41246&page=1&pp=15&highlight=hood

I thought that there was suposed to be some kind of preasure inside the engine area? Thats why different people were putting the hood vents in different areas, because of the preasure :confused:

So, for people who have done this, have you expericed any side affects?

i believe it made mine run to cool. i just took it out today and have yet to go anywhere to see if it will run back where it should. of course its like 70 degrees here now so i wont be able to tell which is responsible for bringing the temp back up, if it does

i just used an old plastic cutting board and raised the mounts about an 1". works good for me so far...

brandon

Dig through the old Folger's can on the work bench and voila.

is.php

glad to know i wasnt the only one that used some nuts laying around. so i took them out earlier and it finally seems to be running at a temp that it should.

Used 3/4" square nuts for mine. Did it on my old '90, and then swapped the mod over to my current '00. Just sucks when someone comes up and says, "What's wrong with your hood" and trys to push it back down. :mad: I've also had a few that thought the hood was modified to open forward. I plan on adding in Grand Prix hood vents in the coming months.

247924_37_full.jpg

247924_36_full.jpg

Last edited:
Back