• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to check for t-case chain stretch?

Drain the fluid, and look through the bottom drain hole, the chain will be right there, it should have about 1/8in or less play in it(I think that was the number). But it shouldn't be too loose, just have alittle play in it, if its bad you will be able to tell right away! Good luck, went though it this summer.

Nothing...I just know some guys here have had problems with it, especially those who use the NP231 on pavement. I just want to check, since mine is used, that everything is ok.

those chains will last longer than you think and a ok chain will have more than 1/8 inch of slack in it. I put new ones in that have had more that 1/8 inch in them. I would recomend anything over 200k you change it and overhaul the case. thats if you care about it.

When my chain stretched, it would occasionally, jump the sprocket (or so it sounded) under a heavy load. Kind of sounded like a blender full of nuts and bolts, kind of hard to miss.

Back