• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ tow hooks?

nhrocker

Jackstand wheeler
I've got access to a FREE pair of tow hooks that were pulled off of a TJ, and was wondering if anyone has mounted them on an XJ before. I'm low on money, otherwise I'd get the whole kit from C4x4, but these are free! Any mounting ideas would be helpfull, since I'll have to find a way to strengthen where I mount them. Or you could just tell me if this not worth the time.....
Thanks!

Get the proper brackets, otherwise expect to seriously injure or kill somebody with the first tow. Sorry so to the point, but when it comes to recovery and safety, cheap becomes a very expensive lawsuit.

nhrocker said:
I've got access to a FREE pair of tow hooks that were pulled off of a TJ, and was wondering if anyone has mounted them on an XJ before. I'm low on money, otherwise I'd get the whole kit from C4x4, but these are free! Any mounting ideas would be helpfull, since I'll have to find a way to strengthen where I mount them. Or you could just tell me if this not worth the time.....
Thanks!

Put the TJ hooks on Ebay and then purchase a Custom 4x4 tow hook kit with the cash you just made.

96XJCLASSIC said:
Put the TJ hooks on Ebay and then purchase a Custom 4x4 tow hook kit with the cash you just made.

AGREED!

Check out my webshots (its in the pic showcase) I bought the "proper" Tomkin brackets and ended up with a missing front bumper on a pull out of a very light stuck, get better ones and ask before you buy, and install it properly!

Go with a quality bracket that has atleast 5 bolts or more and that is spread out properly!!!

be careful, I lost, but I did not lose the lesson!!!

Jeff

The TJ hooks mount to the frame on top of the bumer into two specific holes, the XJ does not have them. You need the frame brackets but can then use normal $12 hooks or with custom4x4 a set of shackles... Don't do it any other way, you might kill someone.

Back