• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for 8.8 brake help (not e-brake)

Well i got my 8.8 in last night and i'm having some trouble with the brakelines matching up. i made an adapter using some spare parts off my old axle. Here's the deal, i used the stock 8.8 brakeline splitter w/ the rubber hose going to the master cylinder (i think thats right) which happens to have a female end. well that wasn't long enough to reach the body mounted fitting which runs to the master cylinder. My extended brakeline from my XJ has a female end on it which would mate up to the 8.25 (if i still had it in there). I know this sounds confusing, basically i took a piece of brakeline and attached two male ends to it and connected the two brakelines together. I really don't like it because 1. the brake line is way too long, 2. it ghetto as hell, 3. the most important--seems a little unsafe. Does anyone have any ideas to remedy this problem. I already did a search, i found some possible solutions but no part #'s to go with the article to get the stuff. Thanks, Eric

I just helped a friend (he helped me?) put an 8.8 in his TJ. We used the TJ brake line from the frame to the axle and the stock TJ T-fitting, then ran new hard line to the passenger side rubber line. I got another passenger side rubber line and used it on the drivers side, and it went into the T-fitting. Simple, and it worked perfectly. Of course, we drilled and taped a hole to bolt the T-fitting to the housing while we had it apart.

i went out and purchased a pasenger side 8.8 line that way i would have two short lines with female ends on either side. then i just used the breather line just like on the 8.25 to bolt on my existing extended T brake line then i ran some lines in from the two calipers to my existing brake line.

i dont' knwo if this makes sense let me know an i can e-mail u some pics

bj-666 said:
i went out and purchased a pasenger side 8.8 line that way i would have two short lines with female ends on either side. then i just used the breather line just like on the 8.25 to bolt on my existing extended T brake line then i ran some lines in from the two calipers to my existing brake line.

i dont' knwo if this makes sense let me know an i can e-mail u some pics

email me some pics if you would mind....Eric

[email protected]

alrighty i sent them but you can't make fun of the slicks i am running there my street tires i have swampers for the trail :)

bj-666 said:
alrighty i sent them but you can't make fun of the slicks i am running there my street tires i have swampers for the trail :)

no biggie, i don't blame you running swampers on the highway can be annoying and they don't last for shit; i've seen alot of buddies learn that the hard way...I'm gonna use the old T-fitting from my old axle and bolt that into the diff vent and run hardline to each caliper soft line....seems like the easiest and cheapest way...thanks for the help guys, Eric

that's what i did!! i just used two pass side soft lines to bolt up to the caliper and hard lines from them to the jeep t conect.

Back