• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zany trac bar idea and q's!

danny boy

NAXJA Forum User
hey all,
i've had about enough with my current trac bar setup. i have the rusty's 4.5 kit (please no hijaks/flames, i know you guys!) and the tac bar rod end keeps egging-out the hole in the frame mount. I've replaced it already and its done it yet again!

this has caused me endless batlles with the dreaded DW!

here's the question: i would like to convert to a heim style set up at the frame end, but would rather not buy the whole kit, as is offered by RE, currie, etc. Does anybody know if i can just buy the frame bracket from one of the manufacturers and then buy a heim that will thread in place of the current tie-rod style end? i don't want to replace the bar for that extra $, in other words. part #s would be ideal.

also, if it isn't possible to buy just the frame end bracket, i'm considering making one by cutting the pieces and then having it professionally welded, as i don't trust my skills for such an important part. thoughts on this would be appreciated? if anyone has any experience with this or pics, that wuold be really helpful.

thanks a lot,
dan f.

I bought a Rusty's frame bracket for use with my custom trac bar (adapting to a Ford axle).
Jeep on!
--Pete

heim joints on both ends. it eliminated all my dw and gave me a true center feel in the sreering wheel. it was a skyjacker over the axle bar with a heim and a poly bushing. the bushing would wear out and i would get wobbles. so i chopped it off and tapped it with a 3/4 x16 tapand put a heim in the other end. the brace also helps transfer the load.
f5de1343.jpg.thumb.jpg

f5de1344.jpg.thumb.jpg

f5de1340.jpg.thumb.jpg

Back