• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

smacked up the jeep yesterday...

fordtech

NAXJA Forum User
driving down the I-90 in Buffalo in the left lane some saturn decided to make an evasive manuver into my lane, said he was cut off. Basically i hit him starting at his front fender through his rear quarter... pealed that POS plastic door skin right off, the driver rear view went flying into the air, its covered in black (rubber) from my tires front to back. My xj faired well.... my pass front tire took most of the hit, the head light surround broke, header panel banged up from the mirror, pass fender tweaked, pass door ripped, trim from front to rear all banged up, front tire is flat, rear is banged up. I was able to drive it home and only experienced a shake from the front, most likely due to a bent rim or broken belt. I dont see any suspension damage, the axle is shifted, but no more than before due to my not having a adj trackbar yet.
His insurance called last night and are taking care of everything including rental. I didnt even ask for the rental. I have an appointment to drop it off today (fri) at 1 at a well known and respected body shop. I asked to be there when the adjusted looks at it, I want to make sure he doesnt try to 'cut corners'. I hope to get a check for the tire(s) and rim cut to me so I can put it toward my 31's. It needed a real alignment and not one of my driveway aligns anyways, so Ill make sure thats done.

Hopefully I dont get screwed and the xj is as good as it was before.

Bumber, spend all the time an energy trying to get your ride right and it all goes south in heartbeat.
My wife has sent more than a few traffic adversaries to the auto graveyard and her XJ is still going strong. Nothing critical has ever been damaged, just some sheet metal and plastic, she always came on on the wining side of the encounter.
Double check your vacuum lines and electrical harness when the body shop is done, they usually do well with the sheet metal and paint, but often just don´t know XJ´s good enough to notice when something is unhooked or a harness is cut.
They missed a bent trac bar, a cut vacuum line and a bent window motor last time. But the paint matched well.

Back