• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new forum member, Montgomery,AL

tompatjr

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys,

I just bought a 91 4 dr cherokee. Always wanted a Jeep, really a Wrangler, but these cherokees a priced right and more user friendly than a Wrangler, IMHO. Anyway I haven't really done any "hardcore" offroading yet. I have a 2001 Tacoma TRD that has seen moderate to easy trails at Barnwell Mountain, TX and Grayrock ORV, AL and some trails in Huntsville, AL (don't know the names of them). I have tried to take care of the Toyota, it's the DD.

So anyway I bought this jeep to use as a project and while I don't want to destroy it, I can live with some dings and dents. I have already gotten a bunch of stuff for it, now I need to time install it.

I'd like to know how active the Jeep specific clubs are in AL if there are any. If you could e-mail me at [email protected] so that I could contact whoever I would be greatful.Also, I am a member of TTORA (a Tacoma Club) which has a AL Chapter, but it's not worth spit in AL. No need to say more. In their defense many states have very active chapters.

Welcome to NAXJA Tom.

Heather (Kudzu) our SE Chapter President, is an AL native. She likely knows more about the local Jeep-scene goings-on down there.

Hope to see you on the trail one day soon!

Don "Woody" Woodward
NAXJA President

Hey FNG :wave:
check out CAOS (Central AL Offroad Society) for club info
its also a good place for info on good parts sources (junk Yards) & sum tech stuff & alot of good deals on parts with other forum users.

I live in the Gadsden area & work in Bham
i try to get to the SE chapter NAXJA events in the spring & summer usually @ Tellico
the NAXJA bunch is a fine group of folks & always is very helpful on the trail & fun to hang with.
u really should try to make it to sum events this coming year.
hollar @ me if i can help you with any info/help on gettin your Xj ready for the trails.
Lane
[email protected]

Welcome From South Carolina!

Back