• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

good tire deals in the area?

Gil BullyKatz

NAXJA Forum User
Any good experiences or deals in the area?
Shopping for some MT/R's or the new Mickey Thompson MTZ's somewhat locally (within a few hours drive from Chi-town).
Kinda skeptical 'bout buying online then hauling elsewhere only to get hit with outrageous fees for the mount/install/balance fee for tires not purchased on-site...
discuss and advise...

:D

What they said...

i don't know if there are any in chicago, but i've gotten better deals at tire barn than discount tires. i know you didn't want to buy from an online source, but a good friend of mine goes through the same distributor that 4wheelparts does. let me know what you are looking for and i can get you some prices, or email him at [email protected] to get prices.

I have a friend at Just Tires that cuts me good deals. What are you looking for 35's? approx. $170 each. not to bad! getting ready to get a set of 35 MTR's. Not to far from you either, right here in the city.

Try SAMS Wholesales...You can usually find them near a Walmart...If they have the tire department with tire changing bays...They might have the MT-R's if not they might be able to order them...They have great prices...And there mounting and balancing are lifetime and good priced...And will rebalance and rotate tires for free as long as your the origianal owner...And if you drive past like I do and there bays are empty just pull in and they have it all done in no time...If you need them rotated & balanced...I bought a set of 30X950 BFG All terrain AT KO's for only $475.00 installed...Cheapest in town next lowest was $57400...If you go for a BFG tire (All Terrainor Mud Terrain tire)BFG has a 2 year warrentee against being stuck on road or off road...Go to there web site to find out more...just a thought...Good Luck...

John...

Swap said:
I have a friend at Just Tires that cuts me good deals. What are you looking for 35's? approx. $170 each. not to bad! getting ready to get a set of 35 MTR's. Not to far from you either, right here in the city.

'zactly...does that include mounting/balancing/valve stems/rotation/hazard protection?

I priced them at $191 at Walmart including all of the above....Discount Tire want's $220

$170 would be REAL nice if it included all of the above...

When ya pick your's up, ask your friend, how much for the 37's...

Thanks

Discount tire is the BIGGEST tire dealer in the country. They will match ANY pricing. Can get any brand wheel or tire. Don't go by what they have in the showroom. They carry everything.

Just got 4 31X10.5 BFG AT's mounted to new 15X8 Rockcrawlers with custom backspacing for $640 out the door!! TOUGH TO BEAT.

Gill, I will see him monday, I will ask! :thumbup:

BlueKnight went bye bye, I'm here now! and I have sent you pm with the phone no., so call me you lazy $#&$%! :gag: :wierd: LOL

want some 35" XTs? Planning on selling mine because I'm tired of breaking u-joints. less than 500 miles on them. just gona stick w/ my 33s for now and wait till i get my F/S underneath before I go bigger.

BTT...

Anybody know of a better deal than Discount Tire at $189 mounted/balanced/valve stem?

I got this price off their website...

Anybody have a hookup at a specific store location?

Decided to go with MT/R's in a 35x12.5-15 flavor

TIA

Gil BullyKatz said:
BTT...

Anybody know of a better deal than Discount Tire at $189 mounted/balanced/valve stem?

I got this price off their website...

Anybody have a hookup at a specific store location?

Decided to go with MT/R's in a 35x12.5-15 flavor

TIA

Go over to Beezil's house and take his, doesnt seem to be needing em for next weekend. Just show up and ring the bell, the later the better.

Chewy

ChEwBaCcA said:
Go over to Beezil's house and take his, doesnt seem to be needing em for next weekend. Just show up and ring the bell, the later the better.

Chewy

I guess I could but anytime I get east of Ashland, the Anti-Minority Enforcement Unit usually stops me...

Damn Yuppies...

Hey Gil, I got my M/T tires and Wheels from 4wheel parts 800-284-9905. I discussed local prices. they gave me free shipping and a warranty. They include balancing, road hazard, etc. They also having 90 days same as cash. It may be worth a call.

Back