• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Speedometer cable ! help

generalleexj

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i bought those white out gauges from www.jeepwhitegauges.com
which is a very good deal. and i love how they turned out. it recommended buying colored bulbs to go with the new white background so i did. i got blue. and put everything in . the only problem i had was when i took my instrument cluster panel out, the speedometer cable, which is connected to the cluster with a plastic holder , with a plastic lock that snaps on the outside of the cluster nipple. when i took this off. it broke, but i went and put it back on and the speedometer still works will i be ok just letting it like that or would i have to replace the plastic fastener piece ??

If it is still functioning properly, and youre sure of it, then leave it as is. In the mean-time, find/purchase the part that broke (sounds like an easy junkyard find... maybe 2$) and have it readily available if/when the broken one finally decides to kick the bucket. If the old one holds up in the long run, you didnt do any unneccesary work, and still have a spare.

Last edited:
A whole speedo cable runs around $10 at Autozone.

...AutoZone... *shudder* Just make sure there's no neon lights attached to it anywhere! :laugh:

Back