• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Estimated time to install SYE & CV shaft?

xElwayj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all, I will be having a local 4x4 shop install my Advanced Adapters SYE kit and Tom Woods rear CV shaft. How long (on average) should it take them to do this? Thanks for your time!

I did my first ever with the t case in the Jeep in about 3-4 hours and that was taking my time and being extra careful. I would think a shop could do that in less. Maybe 2 hours, 3 tops? Mine was the regular Tom Woods kit. Maybe the AA kit takes a little longer, but not alot.

I posted on the oem tech if someone could help me with my driveshaft prob. Cant get the thing off... Pretty sorry i know.
Thanks. By the way, I plan on doing mine in about 3 hours, but it will take the whole weekend.

A shop that knows what they are doing shouldn't take more than 4 hours. I did mine at home in about 4-5 hours. Then 3-1/2 the second time.

The sye could be done in two hours tops if you know what your doing. I messed up my install 3 times. Nothing broken, but now that Ive basically done the mod 3 times its a piece of cake to do. I called a trans shop here in cincy and they told me a minimum of 5 hours just to get the case off and apart, and then it might be more. Do it yourself if you can find the time. You wont be sorry.

Back