• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigid Winch Bumper Photo's

cloudswimmer

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

Does anyone happen to have any photos of the new style Rigid winch bumper.I've found some on here of the older style ones which have the
narrower d ring spacing, but not the newer one with the d rings frame width apart.

Also does the frame mount on the rigid bumper truly take the place of a c-rok outer steering box plate like c-roks bumper does?I'm planning on replacing my Olympic rock winch bumper with one that has a lower profile and mounts to the frame a litte better and have pretty much narrowed it down to either the Rigid bumper or C-roks.

Thanks..................Chris :wave:

he sent me some pictures of his rear bumpers, gimmie a sec:

vw1ub

vw1uq

vw1vc

vw1vr

vw21s

vw220

vw22g

vw235

these were sent with the following:
Terry at Rigid said:
Just for info sake - The 'K' in FbK is from my oldest son's name - KyRic, it's actually his design concept. The 'G' in FbG is from my youngest son's name - Garritt, the FbG is his design concept. We run G and K bumpers on our own rigs.

We're just about to start marketing our rear bumper - that's the other pics. The first three are of us testing the center-section for clearance at Moab - the Golden Crack. The next couple are of the final version of the center-section - as a result of our Moab testing, we moved the bumper back in 1 inch and angled the wings (that's the part that extends outward from the tow points) back 1 inch towards the tailights - this closely matches the contour of the tailgate. We're currently working the final design of the end sections - a basic version that matches the profile of the stock lower rear quarter panel, one that requires modifying the rear quarter panel, one that includes tailight guards and two spare-tire carrier versions.

Take a look and let me know what you think!
Terry at RIGID

lookin good terry..can't wait to see...and buy probably...the final product. i want to get one with a tire carrier eventually. very excited about my front that you guys are working on. take 'er easy

I just ordered the RigidCo winch bumper. The frame mount truly does replace C-Roks outer steering box strengthener(and then some because of the front mount plate). I would still recomend the C-Rok inner spacer to eliminate that aluminum garbage from the factory. In my humble opinion the rigid bumper is the best out there. The moved shackles do not appear to interfere with anything. Talk to Terry and he will answer all of your questions.

For anyone who is using the front winch bumper... how easily did it install? Any problems? Are you satisfied with it? I like the way the "i" series Warn winches sit so low in the cradle. Looks like the winch won't hinder cooling very much.

i have his front winch bumper, i like it alot, was pretty easy to install and the frame mounting it top notch, was easy to install once i got my mounts straight *stupid accident* ill post up pictures later when i get home if you want

Just my opinion:

That is the ugliest bumper I have ever seen in the endcap area. Look how exposed the lower rear quarter is. Other than that it is pretty slick.

I still like C-Rok's (and most others) better.

JMO

Dirk Pitt said:
Just my opinion:

That is the ugliest bumper I have ever seen in the endcap area. Look how exposed the lower rear quarter is. Other than that it is pretty slick.

I still like C-Rok's (and most others) better.

JMO

The first three are of us testing the center-section for clearance at Moab - the Golden Crack. The next couple are of the final version of the center-section - as a result of our Moab testing, we moved the bumper back in 1 inch and angled the wings (that's the part that extends outward from the tow points) back 1 inch towards the tailights - this closely matches the contour of the tailgate. :wave: We're currently working the final design of the end sections - a basic version that matches the profile of the stock lower rear quarter panel, one that requires modifying the rear quarter panel, one that includes tailight guards and two spare-tire carrier versions. :wave:

I have the winch bumper on my 96 and think it is the best thing since canned beer. Looks good, stays out of the dirt and the winch is not blocking the rad. Waiting to buy the rear bumper with tire carrier. Still trying to get Terry to tell me it is ready to be sold over the counter. So far they are all for testing. He builds a quality product.

Back