• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

This is an easy one...

AndyS

NAXJA Forum User
...what are the track and wheelbase dimensions for the XJ? ('94)

Thx.

Wheelbase is ~101" (101.4 perhaps?)

EDIT: 101.4" is right. Track is listed at 58" front and rear.

Last edited:
Thanks - still need track width now. Also, I need the stock distance from level ground to the bottom edge of the drivers door.

I need all this to figure out what the max lift I can get for my XJ here in the Communist State of Taxachusetts.

Well, according to this thread: http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=23829&highlight=stock+height+measurements
The stock flares, from axle centerline to flare are 17.5 frt/17 rear. Mine are 19" frt and rear with a half tank of gas (so, 1.5" frt 2" rear lift) my tires are 30" which means I have between .5" and 1" lift from those. My drivers door (Note: this is the DOOR, not the rocker) is 20.5" from the ground at the front of the door and 21" from the ground at the rear of the door. Therefore, stock measurement would be ~18-19". Hope that helps. I am assuming that there is no difference between my 2000 and your 1994 in these regards. Perhaps someone with a stock 94 can help you out with more accurate measurements.

This might help. Taken from my '91 owners manual.
581343_56_full.jpg

Tony

AndyS said:
Thanks - still need track width now. Also, I need the stock distance from level ground to the bottom edge of the drivers door.

I need all this to figure out what the max lift I can get for my XJ here in the Communist State of Taxachusetts.

i did a lil research into this last year too... very few people including inspectors know about this alternative method of calculating max lift... i gave up on it and registered it in Vt....

Thanks for the info guys - I appreciate it.

sidriptide - you have a PM

Andy

Holy Crap!! I just found the Massachusetts Registry regulation for lifted vehicled (540 CMR 6.00 Alteration Of Motor Vehicle Height), and the formula used is as follows:

(wheelbase x track)/2200=max allowable mechanical lift

The lift can be all suspension, all tire, or any combo. The 2200 value is the "Safety Factor". No idea how they come up with that.....

Using this formula, I can only lift my XJ a max of 2.67 inches!!!! The actual measurement from the bottom of the door edge to the ground allows a fudge factor of 1 inch to allow for production tolerances.

I hate this state more every day.......

Back