• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truxus Question

boise49ers

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thinking of going to the Truxus next tire I get. I like the look and they are cheap. I have LTB's right now and are probably the best tire I have had , surpassing MT Claws by far. The LTBs are brutal to the sheet metal though because of the lug size. I was wondering if the Truxus play the sweet sounds my LTBs do ? I know they won't be as loud , but do they play a tune at all ? I hear they are real quiet. I don't want real quiet. Kinda silly I know , but I like to be heard coming down the road. I dodge deer a few times a week on my way to work as is. If I had quiet tires I would of smacked a few more then I already have. More deer in town then where I go hunting. Go figure ! :laugh3:
Thanks !

My trxus are not as loud as my old TSL radials, but they still hum

If your running LTBs and you don't mind their road manners, get another set. The Trxus are great tires offroad compared to other mud terrains, but you'll be giving up performance compared to your LTBs.

I agree , but the lugs are to big and are eating up my inner wheels wells and have bent the crap out of some of the fender metal. My back spacing is bad, but I rather try ot get a little smaller tire first. I may go BFG mud terrains. They are an inch narrower and the lugs are quite a bit smaller. I don't know though. Those Truxus look good.
Thanks

96country said:
They are pretty good off road. I just remember when I switched from TSLs to the Trxus muds that it was much tougher getting to the same places.

yeah but going from something like AT's to Trxus rocks..

i dunno.. going from ltb's to trxus might not float your boat that well.. i would say it might be kinda dissapointing..

i would say adjust your bumpstops

TrXus get louder as they wear.........its a great allround tire, ya give up alittle
on the trail, but not a bunch compared to the LTB's. Im on my second set of
33's..

Hammertoe said:
TrXus get louder as they wear.........its a great allround tire, ya give up alittle
on the trail, but not a bunch compared to the LTB's. Im on my second set of
33's..

how many miles you get out of your trxus?

I honestly never kept track, atleast 10k, also ran the 33's on my old YJ,
guess Im stuck on 33's! LOL
A poor front end alignment will eat them up quick, I learned that this past
summer. :wierd:

If you do any serious mud....you won't like the Truxus. Sorry fans, they don't clean real well. If yah like a real noisy tire...gityah some Boggers.

MudDawg said:
If you do any serious mud....you won't like the Truxus. Sorry fans, they don't clean real well. If yah like a real noisy tire...gityah some Boggers.

are the trxus better in mud than MTR's?

i really want to get my trxus so that i can laugh at my buddy with the MTR's he thinks since he spent almost $200 a tire that they are the best.. and here in Ky we have lots of icky mud.. and not too much rock "at least where we wheel" and he braggs about them so much,, and thats because my BFG AT's suck goat balls in mud and clog up bad!

different muds guys, south florida has little to no clay, clay is the gumming factor in mud tires ability to clear out. I can go 3 hours north and its a sandy clay that clears out of mtrs well...but 30 minutes north, and its a bottomless light grey slop that gums you up and sucks you in, while 30 minutes south is a black mud that clears well and has rocky clay underneath.

the point is;

you can't effectively judge a tire by someones opinion unless you ask someone who wheels where you wheel.

A good friend has MTX's on his 'cruiser, and when I was looking for new tires, he recommended the TrXus. 'Nuff said. I've got 'em and they're great...and they've been good for me in waaayyy deep mud.

To clearify....Clay mud...and gumbo muck are the worst...sloppy wet topsoil with a little harder base under it isn't too bad. The worst mud I have ever seen is white clay...it clings and is extremely hard to keep the tires clean.

I have sunk the ole XJ deep enough so it was impossible to open the doors more than once in the white clay at the Lakeland mud bog.

Mud on an incline......yes, they suffer a bit, but in my neck of the woods
theres typically roots involved as well.
From what I've seen......MTR's loose thier bite when they wear past 75%,
mud & rock. Although.........I have been driving a TJ for the past week with
35" MTR's on it and it's pretty nice on the street. (Cant wheel it, not mine)
I air down the TrXus to around 9lbs for the trail on an 8" rim, I do notice on
the trail they "gain" pressure by alot, in the sun.....have to re-air down by mid
day 3-6lbs.

Back