• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Super Swamper SSR's?

Nick

NAXJA Member #690
I was wondering if any of you are running the SSR's they look like they would be a good multipurpose tire with o.k. road manner. Any thoughts? Also, does anyone know if the TrxXus MT are radial or Bias??

I used to run SSRs. I really liked them. Worked really well in the mud, rocks, and anything else I tried. Worked pretty well on the street too. I would definitely recommend them.

The TrxXus MT is radial, I don't know if they have a bias version. I have noticed they are a lot cheaper than SSRs and I am thinking they might work well for my next set of tires.

I think I'd take the SSR's over the MTR's for where you live. I ran SSR's for a while and they do stick pretty well to rock and do a decent job in the mud. I can't comment much on road manners as I only did camp to trailhead jaunts on them, they seemed quiet at least. The SSR's won't last as long as the MTR's though if you don't keep a good watch on your tire pressure.

Sean

I got 12k off my first set of BFG MTRs. Ive run Swampers TSL, TSL radials and now SSRs. I like the SSRs best I think. They are semi quiet.
If my jeep ever sees dirt. Ill let ya know how they do!

Here ya go. 37x12.50 SSR's:

197580MVC-845S.JPG

197579MVC-844S.JPG

Hey Cajun

What kind of set up you got with the 8"? What kind of control arms leafs and all that.

I've run BFG MT, MTRs and SSRs and in the mud the SSRs are far better and they seem to realy stick good to wet rock(atleast well enought to twist a drive shaft in half). the onlt advantage the MTRs have as far as i can see yet is a little lateral traction but I've only had a coupl of runs on the SSRs but they are good tires.

Re: Hey Cajun

BIG98XJ said:
What kind of set up you got with the 8"? What kind of control arms leafs and all that.

I'm running Tomken 6" leaves in the rear with a 2" shackle. For the front, 5.5" TJ TeraFlex coils with ACOS. Teraflex control arms.

Re: Re: Hey Cajun

CajunCherokee said:
I'm running Tomken 6" leaves in the rear with a 2" shackle. For the front, 5.5" TJ TeraFlex coils with ACOS. Teraflex control arms.

Are you running regular arms or longarms. Just asking because I hear at 8" a Cherokee rides like crap without a longarm upgrade of Drop brackets.

Justin

Re: Re: Re: Hey Cajun

96Classic said:
Are you running regular arms or longarms. Just asking because I hear at 8" a Cherokee rides like crap without a longarm upgrade of Drop brackets.

Justin

I'm running regular arms with RE drop brackets.

Ahhh I see. Thanks

Justin

Re: Cajun

BIG98XJ said:
What kind of trackbar setup are you running?

RE trackbar and bracket with custom heim steering. Also AGR Super Box and Super Pump, if you are interested...

It seems as if its impossible to get rid of my DW my next thing to try is the drop brackets.

Yeah, drop brackets make a BIG difference. I'm assuming you have a SYE?

Nope, not yet just an extended driveshaft, dont worry its just temporary. So when I get some drop brackets my DW will most likely go away?

Back