• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have this skid?

By the way, this same eBay seller had new factory transfer case skid plates for sale. $39 + $9.95 shipping! I just installed a Tomken transfer case skid or I would have probably got one of these.

it protects your front steering... bolts up to the holes right in fron tof the swaybar mounting bolts....
i took mine off....

I have the older version of that on my ’91. They work pretty well and the price is right. I got mine out of a junkyard for $20. They will work with a lift, but you have to do a little bit of fabrication. I have 3” of lift on the front so I just welded a piece of 2” x 1” square tubing over the mounts and drilled the holes all the way through.

you can see it at the top:

DSC00064.JPG

Cool, so this is basically a front skid plate. How easy is it to install? Do I have to undo the swaybar, steering linkage, or anything or does it just bolt right up?

It should bolt right up.

IdeaMan said:
By the way, this same eBay seller had new factory transfer case skid plates for sale. $39 + $9.95 shipping! I just installed a Tomken transfer case skid or I would have probably got one of these.

the factory t/case skid is really not that good.. better than nothing but not better than the tomken skid..

here is mine at stock height -
pod1h
annother shot - from the back:
pod53

and here she is at lift height... Doesnt help all so much with a lift, but still protects steering box...
ur6g7

hth

I'd sure like to see a picture of one of these on a 97-2001 since they are a totally different shaped piece and look like they mount completely different from the ones pictured above. Anyone have a pic?

The one for a 97 is no different from the above. I have one on my 97 and it bolts up and mounts exactly the same way. How do I know....mine was on an 88.

Ok, then maybe the picture in the eBay link I provided in the first post is a picture of the wrong one. Take a look at it. I think it looks different from the pictures posted here.

I have one on my 88, and I have bent the side mounts slightly. Now I rub on it just a little at full steering lock. The center bolster keep the surface pretty straight, but the sides just weren't built heavy enough.

Back