• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle centered in fender

Maybe your spring center bolt broke off at the head and the axle slid. Is it out of center on both sides or just one?

shimmy said:
ok, why is my rear axle not centered in the fenders? it shifted forward about an 1-1.5"

brandon

what springs do you have and shackles? what angle is your shackle at in relation to the body?

Depending on the condition of the leaf springs and the weight in the back it will "arc" differently. When you buy springs from the manufacturer they set it up for a particular weight and that's what should center the axle in the fender. The more weight you put on it, the straigher the leaf spring gets and the center pin (which centers the axle) starts to move back (as your shackle angles backwards)

shimmy said:
terry, they are the same on both sides

kejtar, i have RE 4.5, RE 1.5 blck and RRO 1.5 shackles

OK, now what angle is your shackle in the back at? is it close to vertical (or rather about 5* or backwards away from vertical) . Also which direction is it shifted? forward? backward? by how much?

Most lift springs will have a tendency to bring the axle forward.

Also keep in mind that as the suspension compresses it will go backwards and up. This allows the tire to tuck up into the center of the wheel well instead of running into the back of the wheel well.

hinkley

Kejtar said:
OK, now what angle is your shackle in the back at? is it close to vertical (or rather about 5* or backwards away from vertical) . Also which direction is it shifted? forward? backward? by how much?

its damn near vertical... and the axle is shifted forward, about an 1"
brandon

check the center pins. if nothing happened to them then i dont know what to tell you. maybe your body came disconnected from the frame... :shocked:

Back