• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone have a straight foward story on mounting JKS quicker discos?

JeepXJ93

NAXJA Forum User
I have a set coming w/ my RE 3.5" kit and my buddy just bought a set for his TJ...supposedly you need to drill into the frame or something to hold them up when you disconnect? How does this work and do you need to drill on an xj too? Thanks for any clearification.

You don't have to use the pegs that come with them, you can always strap them to the swaybar when you disconnect. Just read the instructions that come with them and you'll be fine...

Yea, those pegs are only for using on the TJ. The instructions will even say that. I do have them on my XJ...they're bolted to my factory front skid. But I usually just bungee them up.

Now you will have fun getting the lower swaybar bolt out. It is splined and pressed in, not threaded. If you do a search, you will find plenty of info on this.

btw, now that I have had these on for a year, I can report absolutely no problems with them. YMMV.

Incidently, I used an already-existant threaded hole in the frame to attach it to. I believe this is the hole used to attach the factory front skid. Not sure what I will do when I move on to 33's or 35's... I don't think I can make this setup clear tires that large.... (I'm only on 30's right now)

Back