• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

old question different models

willy rich

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys....i asked back in june about doin a motor swap from a 99 gc to a 91 xj....and you guys helped with that issue...now since i didnt do the gc swap and purchased a 99 xj classic...now id like to use the complete drivetrain out of the 99 ie; motor..tranny...transfercase...i have the complete xj...it was rolled hard onto the roof....i plan on stripping the whole thing of wire harness's ie; dash and underhood...and rremote door lock seeing i have the key pad for it.. :wierd: jus wondering what you guys think about this job...is it worth the whole swap??? all your opinons will help greatly...Thanks

It's doable but if you wanna swap the electronics then you'll also have to swap the smog stuff. When I rolled my 98 and bought a 97 it didn't have any interior conveniences so I swapped all of hte interrior harness stuff as well as the power doorlocks in the door and the windows. The interior harnesses were a PITA: you pretty much will need to strip all the carpet out and take the whole dash appart. Now since you're swapping all of that stuff in you might have to swap the dash as well which is even more PITA. If I was you I'd swap just the drivetrain and skip on everything else.

Back