• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DS Hill, Rhode Island Alert!

markdupont

NAXJA Forum User
Please read and heed! Many groups (Clubs & Associations) are working with private land owners and town managers to resolve issues that may lead to LEGAL USE of this trail... your help is needed! The following post has been created by Dr. Robert Barry (Dr. Bob), VP of RIOHVA and Chairman of the NEA4WD RI Public Land Use Committee:

In light of the recent thread:

http://forum.neow.net/index.php?showtopic=31808&st=0

the NEA4WD RI Land Use Committee has been working on establishing the solid legal basis for running that popular Rhode Island trail. Until that work is accomplished, however, we would ask that ALL GROUPS RUNNING THIS TRAIL OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING:

* Absolutely NO entry to the trail from Rt. 44, the 4-lane road in the major shopping area. Not from the turnoff just beyond the fast-food restaurant, nor from the parking lot. This causes traffic backups, and damages the good-will that has been developed with the local merchants and law-enforcement officers.

* A cap of TEN RIGS per group to run the trail. Larger groups cause a backup no matter where they enter the trail, and pose a greater threat to disturbing abutting neighbors. If larger groups want to run the trail, they can divide into two groups and run the trail from opposite directions, stagger start-times, or run different sections of the trail.

NOTE: This is NOT an endorsement by the NEA of this trail as open without question. For groups that have a policy of not running a trail that has any questions about its legality, this trail should be considered closed. For the individuals and groups that are going to run it in the meantime, however, the above policies are minimum requirements for trail-use not causing irreparable damage to our cause of establishing sustained access to this trail.

Last edited:
holy crap how did i miss this post? i have spoken with bob barry about this and NAXJA as well as my other affiliated organizations are considering this particular location as "CLOSED" i really hope they come up with something solid to keep it open/re-open it... but by its location it is always going to have a steady flow of use.. whats a chicken run without the "run"??

Back