• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Converting drums to disks?????????????

paul_xj04

NAXJA Forum User
my 44 has drums and i want to scrap them. people have told me to use some parts off chevys and use some fords parts? can anyone tell me what parts from each vehicle i can use. also what about mixing bearings?

DID A SEARCH NOTHIN FOUND?????

im lost on this little deal and cant find a early ford at a junk yard that has ALL the parts i need. plz help

Paul

I aasume you're talking about a FRONT application...
Here's a link that has the info you need...D44

I have that around somewhere, probably on my old system, did not get all the bookmarks all over yet so I'll have to bring reassemble the system and bring it back up. I would do some measuring, I'm grabbing at memory here, but I *think* the ZJ D44 *might* work for the backing plates, calipers and rotors with the hat for the small emergency brake drums but I'm not sure. It's a better solution than putting on GM/FORD/Jeep/etc mix and match parts. The article was from a guy who did a 97 or 98TJ with the factory D44 rear and had a step by step w/pictures. I'll dig for it when I get back from the shop after flushing the tranny and doing an oil change on the wifes oldsmobile.

Not a clue on the front. I'd look and see what dodge truck use D44's w/discs and go from there, then note the parts/mods in the back of the owners manual for any future owner....

i know there threads here. i need those links.

BillR that link pretty much what some parts to use and the pros and cons. i need to know what bearings to use. so will any chevy 44 use. i have alot of parts for those laying around at a friends house. backing plate, spindle, calipar.

Ok now we are getting somewhere, what is the D44 out of? Ford I'm guessing? Dodge parts won't help as the caliper mounting bracket is integral to to the knuckle so you would have to swap everything from the knuckle out. Hopefull someone else can help you out with Ford info.

Back