• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Power Trax no slip question.

XAIRCAV

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 94 XJ with a 27 spline 8.25 rear with a trac-lok.
Can I install a Power Trax no slip for a 29 spline trak- lok in this carrier and use
29 spline axles?

i don't know for sure but wouldn't you have to change bearings as well? anyhow i have a no-slip front and rear in my xj and like them, but if money is no object(it is for most of us) i would go detroit soft locker for rear or an ARB just because of the possible wear factor and strength, actually a L.S. with lock up is pefect i would think. although there have been some problems with early versions i have heard. (Electrac) too many options huh? good luck.

The answer is no.

In order to complete that process, you have to "upgrade" the carrier as well. The holes in the side will not accomodate the slightly larder 29 spline axles.

I did this, and learned the hard way.

In order to do this right, you have to use a carrier replacement locker like an ARB or a Detroit. for the additional cost of a new carrier, I could have had a Detroit; but I already had the No-Slip, the new axles, 4.10 gears and an open (as in sitting waiting for all the parts) diff.

You can save some money if you have the time to hit a few junkyards for a 29 spline carrier.

bburge

Back