• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 F/ Ford 9 R

fluidmotion

NAXJA Forum User
if i were to get a D44/Ford 9 combo full width. would i need to swap my brake master cylindar out for a different one or would i be finewith what i have? i would be puttin the axles on a 92XJ.

I am running this combo with a slightly narrower track than full width. Mine is 63" wide. I'm using my stock 2000 XJ brake master cylinder. I would put all stainless brake lines in place of the rubber ones as they "give" less.

fluidmotion said:
if i were to get a D44/Ford 9 combo full width. would i need to swap my brake master cylindar out for a different one or would i be finewith what i have? i would be puttin the axles on a 92XJ.

That depends on the tire size

well danno i believe the axles might be just the same as yours. i will find out in a little bit how wide they are. they are coming off a 79' ford f-150 ranger fully loaded. and right now i already have stainless brakelines, as they came with my lift.

mine were off a '78 Bronco/F150. I narrowed them a couple of inches (I think) to 63" wheeel to wheel. Put new chromalloy tubes, chevy flattop knuckles with Ford hubs from the Bronco. The handling improved dramatically even tho I also went up to about 7". I'm in the process of plating the left side "frame rail" and putting in a hydraulic cylinder cuz I was breaking the steering box off the rail in Moab. 36s will do that!

if you want to be able to stop at the same rate as before I would upgrade. I have 39.5s with a 44/14bolt and it hardly stops and isn't safe for street use.
-cal

Back