• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally...pix of the Rigid bumper

XJbone

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I finally got a digital camera to get some pictures of the Rigid bumper. I actually installed it in March, but I never got any pics. The brush guard was custom-made to my specs by Terri for a minimal charge.

www.rigidco.com

Picture006a.jpg

Picture007a.jpg

Picture022a.jpg

Picture017a.jpg

Picture016a.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Yeah. The bolts started rusting afterabout 3 months. Terri was aware of this, and he did send new hardened stainless steel bolts to replace these, but I haven' had tme to put them in yet.

looks good, i really like terri's bumpers, I was talkin to him a few months back via email. I think when i get fully ready to do the front leaf swap, i will be using hsi brackets for the bumper/xmember mounting points

looks real good

im looking into a new front bumper soon....and i realy like this one..

also-
what size lift/tires you running?

XJbone, looks sweet. What did it run yea?

31' BFG AT's, RE 3.5 full leafs- got about 4.25 out of it.

As far as $$- if I remeber correctly, about $425 with shipping..athough I see his prices went up since last winter.

XJbone said:
Yeah. The bolts started rusting afterabout 3 months. Terri was aware of this, and he did send new hardened stainless steel bolts to replace these, but I haven' had tme to put them in yet.
I might consider other options before replacing them with stainless hardware. In my limited experience, I have found that mixing stainless with black steel just caused the electrolytic process (dielectric union) to accelerate on the steel, creating more rust even faster than just using galvanized or painted steel hardware. Others can chime in here if they think I'm out to lunch.
B.

Last edited:
He's in NY. It's gonna rust - no way around that.

r@m

i really want to get one of these bumpers, with the addition of a "arb/warn-type" brush guard mounted on top.

i just dont like the idea of having it bolted to the bumper....i mean i guess it might be handy if u need to unbolt it to access any of the front facia components.....but i dont like the way it looks

i wonder if it could be welded in place on top---would be a cleaner look...

all in all though, i really like it!

ill have to call them up. . .

Yeah, you can get it welded. I chose the bolt-on because it saved me a bunch on shipping costs.
When you work with Terry at Rigid, what YOU want is what YOU get!

Back