• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

plow info

XtremeJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1990 xj with a 4.0. I just bought a used plow that has a pump with a v-belt pulley. Any ideas how I can make this work? Anyone know what kind of electric hydraulic pump I can put in its place?

how old is the plow, because all of the engine driven hydraulic snow plow pumps that i have seen have been mad old, and you have to run a lever through the fire wall.

There has to be a way. One of the guys who used to show up at North Atlantic Chapter runs occasionally had a Milemarker hydraulic winch on his XJ the last time I saw him. I didn't get into the technical aspects of how he made it work -- didn't know he was going to drop off the end of the earth. But the principle would be the same. Perhaps contact Milemarker and see if they have any install kits for XJs that would work with the pump yoiu have.

the milemarker winch uses the power steering pump for its power source and they should have an install kit for the cherokee being as they are the same as a wrangler or most of the chevy steering systems as for a electric hydraulic check some of the current plow manufacurers for their pump setup or possibly a trim tilt pump setup from an old i/o boat most of those were 12 volt electric hydraulic setups another possibility is to check with some of the tow truck suppliers they have availability to engine driven pumps with electric clutches and can be adapted to almost anything with v belt or serprentine

Back