• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The U1K project

Can i build it?

• I am a stroker god!

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • yes, but it will take time

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • you must have had too much to drink, hell no

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

spazegun2213

NAXJA Forum User
So am i nuts to think i can build a 4.6L stroker on what i have for less than $1000? I mean i have an engine (that needs various parts, rocker arms, rockers, oil pump.. etc) and I'm going to get this tomorrow (parts ). I can also have any parts machined for free (as long as the job is not too big, or involved).

So my question is with my good looks, a forum like this, maybe a digital camera and 1000 bucks can i construct a 4.6L stroker?

(cue jeopardy music)

Last edited:
Depends on how much that digi cam is worth to you... ;^)

I love my stroker so I'm kind of biased. There are a few areas that I think you need to cover. The stock pistons are not ideal. The Sealed Power H802CP pistons are pretty cheap and work great. The other issue is to deck the block to get the quench height under control. I run the cheapest gas available and have no ping problems.

The next most important thing for a trail rig is the cam. You state Crane cam. Hopefully it is Crane #750501 camshaft. It has good low rpm power and helps with cheap gas.

I wouldn't waste too much time porting. Just clean up the flashes and match the port shape to the exhaust.

The stock injectors can be used at least for a while and are an easy fix later.

All in all, I think if you can get your machine shop work done free/cheap, you should be in good shape. My machine shop bill was $1100, roughly half the cost of the whole project.

Check out yahoo strokers group. They tend to have good tech, but things have gone downhill somewhat in the last two years. Too many newbies claiming to know what they are doing.

become good friends with Dr.Dino

other than that - i dont know a damn thing about strokers....

Ok, I'm finding out that my shop bill may turn from free into a little money... (and by little i mean a lot). Either way I'll be posting here and I'll try to find websites, that someone like me can understand, that are good for engine building.

I think I'll ditch the stock postions and rods, (that will give me 12 pistions and 6 rods) and see if i can trade them for a HO head (assuming the problem with the engine was the head).

ummm, before all of that, I need to gut the engine and sort everything all out. I mean how hard can it be... there are not THAT many moving parts in an engine ;)

thanks for the support

I'm a coupla grand in the hole and it isn't even done yet :D

... So my answer would be no

unless you learn machining, engine assembly and do a lot of comparison shopping for parts or a lot of recycling your old stuff

Back