• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How can I figure out my tow rating/hauling capacity

sweetjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I know this is a little complicated and possibly not something that can be figured out with out trial and error.

BUT: I have almost completed my REAL Cheromanche. I.E. 4 doors and 6 foot bed.

Is there any way to magically determine what the tow rating possibly is or roughly how much I can put in the bed?

For now: I am going to use the ratings for a long bed 4wd Comanche and figure I have a little bit of leeway on the heavy side of towing and light on in bed capacity (unless I crank up the springs).

Thoughts?

Which transmission? That's really the limiting factor in many of the Cherokee tow numbers.

sweetjeep said:
I know this is a little complicated and possibly not something that can be figured out with out trial and error.

BUT: I have almost completed my REAL Cheromanche. I.E. 4 doors and 6 foot bed.

Is there any way to magically determine what the tow rating possibly is or roughly how much I can put in the bed?

For now: I am going to use the ratings for a long bed 4wd Comanche and figure I have a little bit of leeway on the heavy side of towing and light on in bed capacity (unless I crank up the springs).

Thoughts?

We need pics! I'm planning out several versions of extra-cab MJ's and would greatly appreciate seeing what you have done.

Beej: Thanks for the link. Lots of helpful info.

Yucca-man: Automatic, 98 Cherokee.

Lawn-Cher: As soon as I learn how to post pics, I'll do so. If you want to get a quick preview, go to the MJ group on Yahoo Groups and you'll have to join (No big deal) and then look in the pictures section. There is a preview picture of it in construction.

Back