• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Perch angle on an axle swap

pokeyrugby

NAXJA Forum User
Swapping a rear axle for my first time and want to know how to come up with the right placement of the new spring perches - I have 8" of lift and want to work with the angle of the drive shaft from the diff to the t case. Any help would be great, Thanks

If you are running a single cardan U-joint at each end of the driveshaft, then the T-case output and the pinion should be parallel, or about a degree below to account for axle wrap. If you have a double-cardan U-joint (commonly misnamed as a CV joint) at the transfercase end of the driveshaft, then the pinion must be parallel with the driveshaft; in other words, there must be no angle through the U-joint at the axle end.

but with a lift, there has to be an angle, doesn't there? I mean, the axle is now much lower than the t-case... maybe I misunderstood, I'm really new to all of this

Back